Good Idea or Bad Idea? Artwork for Exchange, Barter, or a Friend
Jules, Rachel, and Stephanie discuss lessons learned with doing business with friends and relatives..
Jules and Rachel created a website for a friend...that went south real quick...
Stephanie created a commission for a friend and the friend took advantage and Stephanie took a hard stance of being done...
- Don't turn over the deliverable until you have payment
- Always trust your gut!
- Look for a win-win agreement
- Know your limits
- Outline every detail in writing
Red Flags to look for:
- Your gut is questioning the situation
- They request too many changes upfront or have too many "visions" of what it should be
- The expectations change
Strategies to avoid the job:
- Price yourself out of the job
- Don't follow up
Do you have a story about working with a family member or friend? Send us your story at [email protected]
Rise with us! On Artists Soar!
Art Pricing Calculator - price your right art
Commissions - 5 key questions to ask yourself before you start a commission and Sample Invoice.
Our Websites and Shops
Got a Listener Question?
Email us at: [email protected]
Subscribe and Listen to Artists Soar on Your Favorite Player!
Pin it For Later